This is a challenging drill; one that requires patience and stability. When you can execute this swing and feel your arms move without tension with stable hands and wrists you will soon be executing a great swing.
Swing back until your arms are parallel to the ground with the club straight up in the air. Allow gravity to take the club down and swing forward until your arms are parallel to the ground with the club straight up in the air. Practice with a wedge until you hear a crisp click at impact.
The Key Components of the L to L Drill:
- Swing your arms only to horizontal on both the backswing and forward swing
- Maintain stable wrists and hands
- Hear a crisp click at impact with a wedge
- Feel the arms tension free
- Feel constant grip pressure
Fundamentals - Full arm extension, Stable hands and wrists, Feel the weight of the clubhead